3 Handcrafted Kitchen Island Styles
When considering the kitchen island that is the best option for your home, you’ll likely begin by asking yourself about the functionality of your space—
- How usable of a space do you have and what do you want to use your island for?
- Will you be using it for prepping meals, or additional storage?
- Will you need it to be mobile so you can move it out for parties or can it be more stationary?
- Is there a certain feel you’re looking to portray—homey and cozy or more modern and industrial-like?
Once you have these questions answered, you can then begin to consider one of these three handcrafted kitchen island styles: a mobile island, stationary island or the countertop table.
Let’s briefly discuss each of these possibilities.
1. The Mobile Island
Perfect for a smaller kitchen, the mobile island gives your kitchen maximum flexibility without much compromise. Here are three affordable island options that are all handcrafted with natural wood tops, upper and lower shelves, full extension drawers and wheel casters with locking brakes.
- The Metro is made of a solid wood maple base with various stains and a natural walnut top made of locally grown solid hardwood.
- The Alchemy is an industrial-inspired kitchen island made from solid Ambrosia maple, which has natural striations in the wood, making each island completely unique. The top of the island is hand-distressed to enhance the rustic industrial look.
- The Sutton is a white-washed island featuring an industrial style appearance and a cappuccino-color plank style top.
2. The Stationary Island
A stationary island is more permanent than a mobile island, and like a piece of furniture for the kitchen that can not be moved. Many of them feature butcher block tops, full-extension dovetail drawers, panel doors with adjustable shelves and come in maple, oak and cherry wood.
- Rockport Island
- French Country Island
- Lancaster Legacy Ancient Mission
- Lancaster Legacy French Country
- Lancaster Legacy Houston
- Lancaster Legacy Lahoma
- Lancaster Legacy Lexington
- Lancaster Legacy Traditional
3. The Countertop Table
A third and unique island option, is to consider a table customized to countertop height. This adds a sophisticated ambience, and Martha-Stewart style charm to your home. While any of our tables can be customized to countertop height, these our some of our customer favorites to use as islands:
Please call and ask us any questions you might have about deciding on your kitchen island. We’re happy to help you think through the process and answer any questions!